In Northeast Wisconsin, there are endless options for things to do in the communities that make up the New North region. Cities in Northeast Wisconsin like Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh, Sheboygan and more offers so much more to enjoy: The Green Bay Packers, the only community-owned NFL football team; wineries, noteworthy museums and art galleries, rated hiking trails, PGA Championship golf courses, diverse restaurants, thriving arts communities, craft breweries, and more than 300 miles of shoreline on the Great Lakes. In Wisconsin, you can enjoy all four seasons while taking advantage of top-rated destinations. In our region, there are plenty of options and plenty of reasons the New North region is ‘North of What you Expect’.
Discover all the events, restaurants, activities and more you can enjoy in Northeast Wisconsin by visiting the Convention & Visitors Bureau and Community Information websites on TravelWisconsin.com's Tourism in Wisconsin website, linked under each community below.
- Baileys Harbor
- Sturgeon Bay
- Egg Harbor
- Fish Creek
- Fond du Lac
- New London
- Sheboygan Falls
- Sister Bay
- Sturgeon Bay
- Washington Island
Did you know?
- Wisconsin boasts more than 15,000 inland lakes, 33,000 miles of rivers and streams, 47 state parks and 13 state forests.
- Sheboygan is known as the "Malibu of the Midwest". It is the capital of freshwater surfing.
- Door County, the “thumb” on the eastern side of the state, claims more miles of shoreline, state parks and lighthouses than anywhere in the United States.
- Blackwolf Run® and Whistling Straits golf courses in Kohler, WI, located in Northeast Wisconsin, challenge the pros while providing the amateur golfer a fair and unforgettable test. All four courses between the two venues were chosen for 2013-14 America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses by Golf Digest and have hosted the PGA National Championship numerous times.
- Wisconsin is the #2 ranked sport fishing destination in the nation.
- Northeast Wisconsin is a recognized wine producing region internationally, with 11 wineries located in Door County alone. Vineyards all around the region offer tours and wines to taste.
Explore the Region
Explore the region and all its amenitiies and recreation opportunities on our Explore the Region webpage.
Outagamie, Winnebago, Calumet, Waupaca, Brown, Shawano, Oconto, Marinette, Door, Kewaunee, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Marquette, Florence, Menominee and Waushara.